Thursday, September 4, 2008

Just more of what we're up to this week...

Last night we had another couple involved in ministry here in the city over for dinner. We've been enjoying getting to know our co-laborers here, as well as getting to know many of the people who live around us in our building and our neighborhood. It was nice to have an adult conversation, although since we had a late (for us) dinner, I spent much of the time afterwards getting the children to bed...especially Joey, who pops back out of bed over and over again if we're not holding him down, lol! We're working on that one. Hopefully soon we'll be able to just put him to bed...

I spent much of the day yesterday doing over a week's worth of laundry, cleaning/straightening the apartment, and preparing our meal. I'm starting to get used to all the back-and-forth trips to the basement laundry room when we do laundry, but I still can't stand how much it disrupts our day. We made I think 4 trips down there between 8:45 and about 11:00, then another trip later in the afternoon to pick up the last couple dryer loads. Ugh! As far as cleaning up, I did get some help from Joshua with all the sweeping (it's AMAZING how much dirt/grit we track in on our hardwood floors--and we take off our shoes at the door!) Dinner itself was pretty easy, thankfully, since I prepared much of it at lunch time. I made Linda's (my mother-in-law) super easy and super yummy beef stroganoff recipe (which was a big hit), a big salad, and Tollhouse bar cookies for dessert. At least part of the day was easy, lol! I can't wait to get organized enough to be able to have guests over without it requiring a half-day of cleaning up first! Now that our school schedule is running fairly smoothly, I've got to get back to work on our chores schedule, both for myself and the boys.

It looks like we will be traveling for much of next week, as Jeremy has arranged meetings with leaders on several campuses and the boys and I will go along for the ride and go sightseeing while Jeremy has his meetings. It looks like we will be going to Hanover, NH (Dartmouth), Cambridge, MA (Harvard and MIT) and Providence, RI (Brown). I'm excited to see the campuses, and I'm hoping that the boys and I can make a side trip into Boston to walk the Freedom Trail. We tried this several years ago--in early March--and it was waaaaaay too cold, so we just toured Fanueil Hall instead, which was very interesting. The weather right now, however, is perfect for a walking tour! I'll be sure to take along the camera and hopefully get lots of great pictures!

3 comments:

Michele Force said...

Jenny, thank you so much for your comment on my blog! Was good to hear from you! We miss Jeff & Stef so much... sharing our 3 boys with her 3 boys always meant a lot to us. Throw your 5 boys in the mix and we've got ourselves quite the football team!

I'm thrilled that you visit my blog and like my cards. I also do a bit of scrapbooking (you can find the scrapbooking label down my left sidebar). I got out of it for a long time, but recently picked it back up on a much smaller scale... and enjoy it immensely. Please let me know if there is ever anything I can do for you!

Hugs!

Stefanie said...

I hope you're planning on taking the laptop! I know you wouldn't dare make us wait a whole week to see all of these wonderful adventures you'll be taking!

Jenny said...

Don't worry, Stefanie...we'll be taking at least one of the laptops! Jeremy never goes anywhere without his, and I just might take mine, although my wireless card has been acting a bit fussy lately! At any rate, I hope to be able to post a bit from the road, and not abandon my faithful blog-followers for a whole week! (I feel so loved that you would miss me...lol!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...