Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year, everyone!

Well, we are quite the party animals around here...not! I had grand plans for all of us to stay up and play games together, then watch the ball drop on TV and all celebrate together. What I didn't count on was getting a major headache right after dinner, deciding to lie down for a bit to see if it would go away, and sleeping right through all the festivities until Jeremy brought Joanna to me at about 12:30. Oh well! Jeremy, Joshua, and Jonathan were the only ones who stayed up until midnight. I, on the other hand, between Joanna wanting to be awake and the antics of the frat boys across the street, was awake from 12:30 until about 5:00 am. Fun!

Now of course the proper protocol for a New Year's Day post would be to tell you all about all the great New Years resolutions I have made and what my grand plans are for keeping/accomplishing all of them. But, truth be told, I haven't really given it that much thought yet, so that post will just have to wait, if it happens at all!

I did, however, join a challenge to walk 1000 miles in 2010. It sounds easy enough in theory, yet challenging enough to keep me more active and help me get in better shape. After all, those baby pounds don't just go away on their own! So this afternoon we all bundled up and walked to one of our favorite playgrounds, for a round trip of just over 2 miles. Later Joshua, Jonathan, and I walked to the bank and then West Side Market for some fresh fruit, bringing my total for the day to 2.8 miles. Woohoo! I'm pleased with that start! Now to see if I can keep it up...

Now for some pictures...

Here is Jonathan showing off a snowball he just made...


Yes, I let my children play with gutter snow. In my defense, I did warn them (repeatedly) NOT to touch yellow snow!


Joshua and Jonathan


Our "walking trail"...the upper level of Riverside Park...


Awww, isn't she just the sweetest? I think she's trying to figure out why Mommy and Daddy are dragging her out into the cold...


Josiah still gets to ride...


Jordan right before we got to the playground. Yes, it was getting quite dark, even though it was only about 4:30!


I'm going to have to get creative this winter in order to find ways to get in many miles of walking. I don't think our winter weather will allow us to do this daily! I'm thinking I might just need to get a treadmill. Hmmm, that might not be a bad idea...it would be a great way to get the boys to run off some of that extra energy as well!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...