Monday, December 28, 2009

Happy 9th Birthday, Jonathan!

On December 24th we celebrated Jonathan's 9th birthday! Again, it was a simple affair at home, since we don't want to have Joanna out at any children's party-type places. Jonathan's one request was some special one-on-one time with Daddy, so they went out sledding together then for a snack at Starbucks. I think he had a good time.

This was apparently my week for super-boring birthday cakes. I thought Joey's cake decor was pretty lame, but this one didn't get any embellishment at all, except for 9 sparkler candles left over from the package used for Joey's cake. He didn't seem to mind. The cake was super yummy though...we made a Texas sheet cake, which is wonderfully moist and chocolatey, especially with the fudgy icing. We were watching Paula Deen together a few days before (yes, my 9-year-old son and I love to watch Food Network together--he's a big fan, and claims he wants to be a chef someday) and she made a cake from a very similar recipe. Jon told me he wanted that for his birthday cake, so we compromised and used a recipe that I have made several times before. It's one of my favorite cakes!


Blowing out the candles...


I was also out of birthday wrap. I figured using Christmas wrap, which I have in abundance, would really up the lame factor, so I improvised with a roll of newsprint decorated with crayons, lol! Here is Jon getting ready to open his presents. He is the master of goofy expressions, don't you think?


Not to be out done, Jordan wanted me to take a picture of his funny face...


It seems like all the pictures I've taken of Josiah lately include food on his face. Oh, well...just proof he enjoyed that chocolate cake, I guess! If you look above his left eye (right side of the picture) you may notice the stitches he got on Monday, courtesy of big brother Jordan who decided he needed to be knocked into the TV stand. My poor baby! He was a trooper, though, and of course charmed all the nurses at both the doctor's office and the hospital.


I'm almost caught up on my pictures, now. I'll try to post some Christmas pictures tomorrow!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...