Thursday, December 17, 2009

"Gingerbread" House Fun!

How about some Christmas-y fun with the J boys? In spite of my current state of chronic sleep deprivation, I'm trying to do some fun activities with the boys so that they can have some fun Christmas memories (and a break from the tv and wii, lol!) While last year I actually baked a big gingerbread house, this time in the interest of keeping things quick and simple I made each boy a mini-house out of graham cracker squares. Here they are about to start decorating!


Jordan squeezing royal icing out of a ziplock bag with the corner cut off. Much easier (and more disposable!) than using my pastry bags.


Josiah carefully placing M&Ms on his house...


Joshua and Jonathan...


Look at the concentration on Joey's face as he applies icing to his house...


Hmmm, maybe this peppermint stick should go right here...





Joey, Joshua, and I. Please excuse the uncombed crazy hair, etc. When you're functioning on just a few hours' sleep, things like this tend to fall by the wayside, lol!


Josiah, Jordan, and I. Don't be fooled...the icing on Josiah's face was actually applied by Daddy!


It didn't take Josiah long to decide that these were more fun to EAT than to decorate!


Jonathan's house. It isn't actually done at this point...the older 2 boys got really creative with theirs...but I had to go feed Joanna before they were done so I didn't get pictures of the finished products!


Joshua's house...


Joseph's house...


Jordan's house...


I have a few other Christmas crafts planned for the boys this season. We'll see how many of them we are actually able to get done!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...