Friday, February 5, 2010

A Fun Mail Day!

I absolutely love getting things in the mail! Well, not so much the bills and junk mail that we USUALLY receive in the mail, but notes, pictures, cards, and fun little packages. I've been doing quite a bit of ebaying (is that a verb?) lately, so as you may imagine, I have been having all sorts of fun waiting for and anticipating all of the little packages as they come in!

Jonathan is my little package-retriever. Whenever the doorman buzzes us in the afternoon to tell me that something has arrived, I send Jon down to get it. He thinks it's a great privilege and I don't have to leave the apartment! Definitely a win-win, there! I think he's hoping one of these days the package will be for HIM! Maybe I'll have to buy a little something for him on ebay...

Anyway, Wednesday was particularly fun because we received THREE packages that day! Two of them were expected...some cute fat quarters of fabric I had bought a few days before...






But the third was a COMPLETE surprise! I would never in a million years have thought we'd receive this in the mail...can you guess what it might be?...





Yep...gourmet pears from Harry & David! I've browsed their catalog before but never actually considered paying that much for fruit. But my Dad, who loves these pears, bought some and had them shipped to us. Thanks, Dad! The boys and have really enjoyed them!


Yum!

Back to the fabric...I'm planning on making a cute little Valentine's Day outfit for Joanna out of a few of the heart prints. I've got ideas in my head...we'll see if I can translate them into something that is actually wearable. If I'm successful, I will post pictures of course! The bird and flowers prints I just thought were adorable and I got them for a good price. I don't have specific plans for them, YET, but I'm sure they will turn into something cute soon!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...