Friday, August 7, 2009

Pretties!

Welcome to my new obsession with all things pink! I know I don't usually blog about crafty-type stuff. I haven't really had much time lately for crafts, and haven't been all that inspired to do so, either. Well, our expected little bundle of pink joy is certainly supplying the inspiration to craft, which is nice since it kind of offsets the other things she is supplying--such as nausea, exhaustion, and those lovely little kicks on my bladder. I've been scouring the web for cute girly things I can make for her...lets just say the list is getting long!

The first thing on my list is a cute quilt. Here are some of the fabrics I chose:


I have NO IDEA what I'm doing, so we'll see how it all turns out! I'm using a tutorial for a quilt that my friend Annalia mentioned on her blog (yes, Lia, the zig zag that you, your sister, and your mom have all blogged about!) The alternating stripes and backing are a light lime-y green print with little butterflies...I love pink and green together. Hopefully it will turn out cute! I'll post pictures of the top when I get it done in the next few days!

The only one of my boys who seems to care that I'm a bit obsessed with sewing for his little sister, who hasn't even made her appearance yet, is Joey. I think there's a little jealousy going on already! For Christmas this past year I made all 4 of the older boys tied fleece blankets. Joey's is a sweet baby monkey print. He LOVES monkeys, and loves his blankie...until now. Now he wants me to make HIM a quilt. I reminded him that he has his own monkey blankie, to which he replied "I don't LIKE my monkey blankie!!!" Ah, the fickleness of three!

On a completely unrelated note, here's one (of many, I'm sure) reason why 3-year-old boys really shouldn't wear lip stick:



And another reason why I should find a better place to keep my make-up bag! He is awfully cute, though!! :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...