Saturday, November 29, 2008

More Thanksgiving Pictures...

More pictures from Thanksgiving Day...

Here are Jeremy, Josiah, Jonathan, and Joshua talking to Granddaddy and Grandmommy on the phone...it's on speaker so they could all talk at the same time.





Our Thanksgiving meal...we had the basics--turkey, dressing, gravy, green bean casserole, sweet potatoes, cranberry jelly, and pumpkin dinner rolls. For a fun treat, I bought sparkling cider to drink. The boys enjoyed that, and also enjoyed that I let them drink out of our crystal glasses instead of plastic! They felt so grown up, and nothing got broken! :)


Wait! You can't eat yet, I still have to take a picture!


We gave Josiah a little bit of sweet potato to try...he isn't really interested in solid food yet, but he uh, finger painted with it while the rest of us ate!


Joshua was playing peek-a-boo with Josiah...





Jonathan enjoying his meal...


Joshua is still entertaining Josiah...


Here's what he REALLY thought about those sweet potatoes!!


We had a great meal, and a nice time talking about all we have to thank God for this year! I made a huge turkey, so we've been enjoying all the leftovers, and I've got lots to put away in the freezer for pot pies, etc. later. I also made about 2 gallons of stock with the bones and other bits, along with some veggies, so we'll be having some yummy soups over the next month or so. Yum!

2 comments:

Stefanie said...

You make turkey bone soup? What in the sam hill is that all about? I could not taste a durn thing on Thanksgiving. Still can't actually. I'm assuming our food was delicious and tasty but one will never know. And I don't blame Josiah one bit. Your sweet potatoes are missing the MARSHMALLOWS...that's just plain wrong!! Looks yummy!!

Jenny said...

Well, Josiah can't exactly have marshmallows yet...I think starting him on marshmallows would ruin him for any other "real" food! It's not exactly turkey bone soup...I just leave all the bones, etc. in the roaster oven, add onions, celery, carrots, garlic and a little bit of vinegar (it helps pull the calcium and other nutrients out of the bones) fill the thing up with water, then let it cook over night. Then I strain out the liquid and throw everything else away. The liquid (stock or broth) can then be used as a base for soups, etc.

I hope your taste buds return soon! I can't imagine not being able to taste Thanksgiving dinner!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...